Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Legal status.

I recently was summoned for Jury Duty. It is the second time I have been summoned in 2 months. The 1st time my group was not needed so I did not need to report. This time I was needed, so I reported to the Wyandotte courthouse for said duty. I waited in line just like everyone else, filled out my survey, and waited some more. While waiting I did a headcount. There were 250 people summoned with me for jury duty. One element of this bothered me. As I sat there performing my headcount I had to do a double take. Out of the 250 people I could make out 4 latinos. Everyone else was either very white or very black.

Yes 4.

The demographic of My son's school is 77% latino. Put that into perspective and that would be 192.5 latino's out of 250. Not 4.

Is something wrong here?

I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home