Thursday, September 07, 2006

My house was burglarized.

On the 22nd of August my household was the victim of a nice burglary that has cost me a bunch of time and money. Here is the story.

I left for Activity night around 6:30. Chanel left not long after to go to a short meeting at the school for Tristram. While gone one or two guys broke into our house. Chanel was gone approximately 50 minutes or so. I received a call from her right when she got home. All she said was "Darin, you need to come home right now! Someone broke into our house." So I packed up at the church and headed home pretty fast. 10 minutes and 13 miles later I get home to see a frazzled angry wife, and my home a wreck. They went through everything that had a lid. Looking for Money and anything else they could get their hands on to sell quickly. They stole my wife's diaper bag which had keys to both of our cars in it. I was pretty sure there was at least one key to our house on it as well. They Stole my wife's laptop, our bug zapper, misc scrapbooking supplies, my digital camera, and they stole 100 Checks from my personal bank account and 100 checks from one of my business bank accounts.

15 minutes AFTER I got home the police arrived (from 10 blocks away) talk about urgency. The officer walks through the house with us and we point out various things that they should be able to get fingerprints off of. He basically shrugged us off and got out of here as fast as he could. We have called the police detectives that he gave us the number for and we leave messages with no call backs. Needless to say we began to feel as though we had been merely passed over.

Then it happened. The thing that the officer said would be their (the thieves) last resort. A check returned to us from a store. The store, Price Chopper. A grocery store. The amount $57.70. What for who knows. So I get thinking about it. Price chopper, written on the day we got robbed. Hmmm, some last resort officer. I wonder if they even waited one hour to go cash in. So I march (drive) up to the price chopper closest to my home. One of the newest stores in town and ask to speak to the manager. I ask him about their security system after explaining my situation. At that store they have one of the most state of the art security systems in the area he tells me, and promptly gives me the name and number of the person I need to contact about some potential footage. I call them as I walk out of the store, and I get a voicemail. Kind of dampens my spirits but I leave a detailed message anyway hoping that they will get back to me. The very next day a person from that office calls me, introduces himself and we exchange the necessary information about my bank. He runs the numbers and finds that four of my checks have been written at two stores that he runs surveillance on. He tells me that he should be able to match the checks to the registers and then go back through the footage and get me some faces and car license plates. Well I get an e-mail later that very night with an update that they have located the footage and should be able to send me some pictures shortly.

Today, only one day after that update I have in my possession FIVE pictures of my assailant........The JERK who broke into MY house and screwed with My privacy. I will be posting the pictures shortly.


Thanks for listening.


Darin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home