Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hiking in the woods with pansies.

Today my friend Chris and I returned from a short campout and hike with 7 boys. Most of these 7 view themselves as "Macho", "Suave", "Cool", "Tough" etc... Well if I let the experience speak for them I felt like I was out in the woods with a bunch of pansies. I can guarantee that tomorrow at church some will be itching at some poison ivy, bug bites etc. At this point I am currently tick and poison ivy free. About 10 minutes after the hike began we started hearing things like "are we there yet?", "How much farther do we have to hike till we're done?", "Hey I have four bars on my cell phone. This is a great spot." Needless to say I had to laugh at all of this. When I was their age I loved to be outside. What is it these days that keep our youth from enjoying the outdoors? I have no idea so I'll continue to enjoy it myself in the meantime. Note to self, bring earplugs to keep youth radicalist lazialist propaganda from reaching my ears in the late late evening.

A Photo. if you look close you can see the rock I caught in mid-air......

Notice most of the boys are picking up rocks to throw in the lake and Hmmmm someone is enjoying the cellular telephone.......isn't nature wonderful.

Side note - Five of the kids did pretty good, as far as the hiking goes. It was a certain 2 of the kids that really just didn't get into the spirit of it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home