Sunday, June 25, 2006

I'd rather be.....Myself.

Well, it's time to start posting about my adventurous trip.

I went to my parents house to help my dad do some logging and some more other things. On day one which was our first day of work/vacation we dragged a whole bunch of trees out of the woods that had fallen over dead. we had an exciting day breaking the hydraulic filter off of the bottom of my dad's loader tractor and repairing that, fixing a flat tire on said tractor as well. After 2 days of dragging out deadfall trees we had amassed a pile of trees roughly 20' x 20' x 80'. Yeah then we started to cut down some live trees. We had some interesting moments with that. After one week of logging we were talkiing to the hauler and he let us know that for not much more he'd bring in a crew to do all of it instead of just the hauling part. So needless to say we retired from logging that day. So we went on pulling out deadfall and other projects.

All in all i learned that loggers are loggers for a reason and I would rather be designing metropolitan wireless installations.......

Our deadfall pile #1

Some of the logs we cut.

Gordon & I.

De-limbing a tree.

The Pro's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home