Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Move

Well We have moved.

I suppose a lot has happened to us in the last few months in KS. I shall try to blog about that later.

On April 15, 1998 I left Washington State for Kansas City. I have lived here for approximately 9 years and 3 months. Honestly I have felt like certain parts of my life have been on hold for that entire time. The things I grew up doing I could not do here. So I suppressed lots of personal desires to do the things I loved doing for years. In July of 1995 I was sitting at a Hotel room in Newport News Virginia and I was watching the TV while working on some blueprints and a commercial came on that was advertising the things you could to in the Mountains of Vermont. Needless to say I started to cry. I knew why I was crying. I had to call Chanel and talk to her abut it. She has always known that our adventures in life would eventually take us back to Washington, so we set some goals at that point, mostly financial and began working towards them. One of the main Goals was I had to be making $x per month and we could make the move. Well On Jan 1, 2006 I left my regular Job and that made our goal seem all but realizable, yet I pressed forward. For the first 6 months of that year we literally lived on Nothing. We were down to our last pennies, had no more savings in the bank, had drained every account we owned and were resorting to selling anything we could to get by. Then all of the sudden a wonderful thing happened, We were handed a ton of work and things started looking up. That cycle has continued and we discovered in March/April of 2007 that we had met our goal and actually I had exceeded it. Talk about blessings.

On July 8, 2007 we headed out on a journey to a new home, Colville, WA. I spent a lot of my childhood there and have always remembered it as one of the favorite places I spent as a kid. My parents also live up there, so I figured why not live near my mom and dad.

There are some things I will truly miss about Kansas City.
1. Our Friends. (you know who you are and you will be missed)
2. Our House.
3. The certain things you can only do in a "Big City".
4. The boys I worked with at church.

There are also some things I will not miss about Kansas City.
1. The Traffic.
2. The Crowds.
3. Working on our house.

I will post more later.

Darin

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 4:17 PM, Blogger Topher said...

Stopped by your house Saturday (7/21) around 9am. The Elders said you were back, but you must have been upstairs and couldn't hear the doorbell. Oh well. Glad to hear the move went well. Keep in touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home